It's being 7 weeks post-relaxed my hair. Today I am deep conditioning my hair with avocado with other oils. Before I start, let's talk about the nutrient benefits of avocado to our hair.
Avocado for hair growth
I did a little research online and discover that avocado fruit has what our hair needs to stimulates hair growth as well as prevents excessive hair loss. They repair damage hair or dry hair by acting as a moisturizer to soften the hair strands. Avogado are known to contain vitamin B and E.
Recipe used in avocado deep conditioner
- 1 avocado fruit
- Coconut oil
- Olive oil
- Argan oil
- Mix honey and other oils together and warm slightly.
- Add the avocado into the oil mixture and blend until I achieved my desired consistency.
- I shampoo my hair with VO5 2 in 1 shampoo and conditioner.
- I swap my hair with cotton t-shirt to absorb excess water for 10 minutes.
- Applied the avocado mixture the same way I apply my relaxer but in this case from the scalp to the hair tip.
- Cover my hair with a shower cap and allow to sit for an hour without heat. You can use steamer for a fast deep conditioning for 30 minutes.
- I wash it off with a generous amount of water, condition with ORS detangling conditioner.
- I dry with a cotton shirt to absorb dripping water for 20 minutes.
- Allow to air dry throughout the night.
My hair feels so soft and silky. Sorry for not sharing the after pix because I was so tired and had to sleep. I am happy to be able to manage my new growth once again. I hope you'all will try this one day. For others who had done this procedure will agree with me that avocado is a good natural moisturizer not only for our hair but can be used for our face or skin. Hope you enjoyed today's deep conditioning. Do have a blessed day. Takia