My last post is about the oils to be use to remedy itchy scalp. There are other homemade products in our homes that can also stop itchy scalp. They works like magic but it is important to mild shampoo and deep condition your hair afterwards.
The home remedy for itchy scalp
- Baking soda: it helps to relief itching by exfoliating the scalp. It is done by making a paste baking soda and water. Please make sure you oil your scalp before applying because baking soda can strip hair oil and makes it too dry. Leave on your hair between 10-20 minutes and rinse with water.
- Apple cider vinegar: apart from ACV being used as food preservation , it also has a powerful anti-inflammatory properties. It has anti-viral, bacterial and fungus properties. Also ACV balances the pH level of the scalp which helps to relief itching. Firstly rinse the hair with water, mix 2:1 ratio of water and ACV respectively. Apply the mixture to the scalp with cotton ball. Leave for few minutes and shampoo with normal water.
- Lemon juice, it's is highly anti-oxidative agent due to its anti-septic property. Extract a fresh lemon juice, apply it to your scalp with cotton ball. Leave for 5 minutes before washing your hair with mild shampoo and condition.
- Avocado and banana: they help to remove dead cells flakes on the scalp due to their nourishing and moisturizing property. It prevents itching by conditioning your hair and scalp. Take two ripe banana and one rip avocado,smash them to form a paste. Apply to your damp hair and rinse after 30 minutes to 1 hour.
- Aloe Vera gel: it contains moisturising and has anti-fungal, anti- bacterial and antiseptic properties. Aloe Vera also has a cooling effect on the itchy scalp. Extract the aloe Vera juice and massage it to the scalp. Shampoo after 30 minutes and condition.
Please note use any of these home recipes continously until the scalp itching stops. Thanks for having you here. Take care and have a nice day.